Wednesday, January 25, 2006

DACUM-final reflections

Gloria and I returned home early Saturday morning after what we shall call an interesting adventure. The details are unimportant, but let's just say that no good deed goes without punishment. It was on our trip home from the airport that we learned that being the good Samaritan isn't always good.

Once home, I was able to reflect on my past week's experiences and determine what I took away from the DACUM facilitator training. Here is the abbreviated list:
1. Meeting and working with new people is always a great experience.
2. DACUM is a valuable process to know and use
3. The college should be able to utilize our training in many ways
4. Ohio is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there
5. Learning by doing is always better
6. Going to the experts enables us to tell our students that what we are teaching, they will be using

Overall, I see DACUM as a valuable training that I will use to ensure that the curriculum being taught includes the input of the industry experts. The experts know it and do it, so their opinions are imperative in the revision process. But does the revision end there? DACUM panels need to be conducted, at least, every 5 years. For those programs that really change with technology, at least every 3 years. I am stronger for having the training, and Cloud County Community College is stronger because Gloria and I have the training and plan to use it!

Signing off- until my next Title III adventure-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home